Nick is the craziness behind the drum kit. Laying down the groove for the rest of the TSR band. He has been on the gigging circuit since the age of 16. He has played for a number of South African bands to the likes of 7thSon, The little Kings, Saber, Joshua Grierson, Mac Stanley. He has also had the opportunity to perform at most of the big festivals all over the country.
"Drumming takes me to a place where nothing else matters. Its like I get a release when I perform on stage. I get sent to another realm"
Nick also works behind the scenes in the music industry. He is the brand manager for D'Addario products in South Africa. He makes sure all good music stores carry the right gear related to the D'Addario brand.
When you don't see him on stage you'll catch Nick in the surf. This is where he gets away from the hustle and bustle. "Surfing is where I get to clear my head and have my power button reset"
Please include answers to the following questions:
- Saying you use the most: “KIFF”
- Best Quote you’ve ever heard: “Don’t be kak be lekka”
- Favorite chocolate: Something Minty
- Favorite meal: Lasagna
- What would you drive if you could drive anything: Mercedes G Wagon 6x6
- Favorite holiday destination: Jeffreys Bay
- Band you could join on a world tour: Biffy Clyro
- Song you wish you had written: Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
- Charity organization you support: TEARS
- If you could change something in the world we live in, what would it be and why? I’d make education and medical free for all. And Wednesdays a public holiday J- Being a father to two boys it’s hard to afford good education and the medical bills are nuts!
Nick Uses: Gretsch Drums, DW 9000 Hardware, Evans drum heads, Promark sticks, Ultimate Ears Pro UE5’s, Roland SPD-SX,